Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Creamy Baked Chicken

So last night I went home and pulled down a recipe book, trying to find something to make for dinner from my bare fridge--I wasn't interested in going to the store. And I actually found something really quickly. Plus, William loved it!! Here it is!

Salt
Pepper
Paprika
8 Chicken Breasts (I think I only used 6--enough to cover the bottom of the dish)
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1 cup Sour Cream
1/2 cup mayo
2 Tablespoons onions (green onions would probably be really good--I just used regular onions because that is what the recipe called for and that is what I had in my fridge)
1 Tsp Lemon Juice
1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese

Mix everything together and pour over the top of the chicken breasts. Bake covered at 300 for 1.5 hours or 275 for 2 hours (I did the 2 hour option because my chicken had come out of the freezer and was thawed in the microwave--I wanted to make sure it was really done).

Serve over rice. (We are out of rice, so we used Quinoa. It works great.)

I think this would be great crock pot chicken as well--the chicken would be juicier and fall apart easier....

No comments: