4 pounds ground beef
2-3 med onions, chopped
5 celery ribs, thinly sliced
3 cans (28 oz. each) diced tomatoes, undrained
2 cans (6 oz. each) tomato paste
2 cans (4 ½ oz. each) sliced
mushrooms, drained, optional
¼ cup minced fresh parsley
1 tablespoon onion salt, or salt
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons dried basil
1 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
¼ cup brown sugar
1. In a very large pan brown beef, onions,
and celery until beef is no longer pink.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil;
reduce heat. Simmer uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Cool. Scoop 2 cups into freezer bags or containers.
4. When ready to serve, thaw in fridge or defrost in microwave.
5. Heat mixture in sauce pan and add 1 can 15 oz. tomato sauce