Ok, so this is my first addition to this blog... because I think it's totally worthy of it! And it's perfect for your thanksgiving needs!
Preheat oven to 400°
15 oz pckg of ready made pie crust or make homemade pie crust (double crust).
Cream Cheese layer:
1 pckg cream cheese at room temperature
1/3 cup sugar
¾ tsp vanilla extract
1 c. Pumpkin puree
¾ c evaporated milk
½ c brown sugar
1 ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
¼ tsp salt
Egg water wash:
1 egg beaten w/ 1 tsp water
1. Heat oven to 400°
2. Put one pie crust in to a 9 inch pie plate and crimp edges
3. Refrigerate until ready to fill
4. Unroll second crust. Using a 1” star cookie cutter cut out 50 stars. Place on baking sheet and refrigerate until ready to use.
5. Cream Cheese layer: In a medium size bowl beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and egg until smooth. Spread evenly into bottom of pie crust.
6. Pumpkin Layer: In a large bowl beat pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, brown sugar, eggs, pie spice, and salt until smooth. Using a ladle gentle spoon pumpkin mixture over cream cheese mixture.
7. Brush edge of pie with egg water wash. Overlap pastry stars around edge of pie. Brush stars lightly with egg water mix.
8. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes.
9. Cover stars with tinfoil, reduce heat to 350° and bake for 45 minutes
10. Cool pie completely on rack. Refrigerate until completely chilled. Before slicing leave out for 30 minutes.