Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Cream Cheese Crockpot Chicken

So today I made up my own recipe and cooked it in the crock pot. It turned out pretty good. I'm not sure that I would do anything differently, except maybe a little less butter. But here it is:

4 pieces skinless boneless chicken breast, frozen
1 can cream of chicken soup
3/4 cube of butter
1 sq package cream cheese
1 package ranch dressing mix

Put the cream of chicken soup, the butter, and the chicken in the crock pot. Sprinkle the chicken with the ranch dressing (I spread it on both sides of the chicken). Set the crock pot to low and cook for 6 hours or so. An hour before you're ready to eat add the cream cheese and let it melt, still on low heat. Shred the chicken with a fork and stir so everything is blended. Serve over rice.

We ate it with a salad. Yum.