Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Mint Chip Ice Cream Pie

I didn't like this one too much. But, then, I'm not a huge fan of chocolate, and when I eat dessert I want it to be worth it. Dave really liked it, though. In fact, he liked it so much he was hesitant to share it with our neighbors.

Hands-on time: 10 mins/ total time: 2 hours, 25 mins/ serves 8/ RealSimple, July 2009
Nutritional information: 363 calories; 18g fat (11g saturated fat); 25mg cholesterol; 160mg sodium; 5g protein; 47g carbohydrates; 0g fiber.

8 ounces chopped semisweet chocolate, melted (I used chocolate chips)
4 cups crisped rice cereal (such as Rice Krispies)
2 pints mint chip ice cream, slightly softened

~In a large bowl, combine the chocolate and cereal until the cereal is completely coated. Transfer to a 9-inch springform pan. Press the mixture into the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of the pan. You don't have to press it in too firmly. I compacted it too much, and it was hard to eat after it was frozen. Freeze just until firm, 5 to 10 minutes.
~Spread the ice cream in the prepared crust and freeze, covered, until firm, for at least 2 hours and up to 3 days.

No comments: